Network for the Development of Agricultural Cooperatives in Asia and the Pacific (NEDAC)
ARTICLE XI. THE SECRETARY GENERAL
The Secretary General will be the Chief Executive of the NEDAC Secretariat and shall
exercise powers and discharge the functions specified below with approval of the Chairman
and under the general superintendence, direction and control of Executive committee.
1. Day to day management of the NEDAC Secretariat & general administration under
overall control and supervision of the Chairman.
2. Operating the accounts of NEDAC
3. Receive annual contributions and other financial contributions to the Network or all
such money received, and make payments in accordance with rules and procedures
established by the Executive Committee under overall control and supervision of the
4. Execute the programmes approved by General Assembly and Executive Committee
under overall control and supervision of the Chairman.
5. Proper Maintenance of various books and records of NEDAC
6. Preparation of Annual general budget for NEDAC under overall control and
supervision of the Chairman
7. Preparation of draft annual report and financial statements for approval of the general
assembly through Chairman and Executive committee.
8. Perform such other duties and exercise such other powers as may be specified by the
Chairman and or executive committee.
ARTICLE XII. AMENDMENTS TO CONSTITUTION
The general body at duly assembled meeting could amend any provision of the Constitution, with the consent of a majority of not less than 2/3 of the members present and after adequate notice has been given to all members of such intentions. The procedure for dissolution of the network will also be the same as for amending the constitution.
ARTICLE XIII. EMERGENCY MEETING
The Chairman, NEDAC shall have the power/authority for convening “Emergency Meeting” if needed, at any time. Emergency meeting may also be convened if 2/3 of the NEDAC regular members requested for such meeting.